Message - 05/26/2020
Dear Pass Holders,
The Heights Pool staff looks forward to welcoming you back to The Pool for the 2020 Season! Although there will be many changes in operation, our goal remains to offer you a clean, safe, and fun environment!
The COVID-19 Pandemic has presented many challenges as we start the summer season. We will follow state mandates in an effort to allow you and your family a safe experience while at The Pool. Thus, the following guidelines must be complied with when you visit The Pool. (Please refer to the COVID-19 PROTOCOL attachment for the complete list of guidelines).
>Please complete the COVID-19 Waiver below which you must provide to us on your first visit.
>Do not enter the pool grounds if you have a cough, fever, or other symptoms of illness.
>Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between you and other people who are not a part of your household.
>Wear a face covering when you are not in the pool.
>No lounge chairs and only limited tables and chairs under the shade structure will be available. Please bring your own chairs, blankets or beach towels.
> No more than 2 swimmers at a time in the lap lanes.
Visits to the pool will be in 90-minute time blocks to allow as many pass holders to enjoy the pool as possible due to the restrictions laid out by the state’s mandate of 25% Occupancy. Admission will be based on a first-come-first-served basis. We will keep count of admissions and when capacity is reached, an alert will be posted on the Heights Pool Facebook page. (Please refer to COVID-19 HOURS & ACCESS attachment.)
Thirty minute breaks will be enforced to allow for proper sanitization of the pool facilities. Thus, all pass holders will be required to promptly vacate the premises at the end of their time block to allow our staff to complete their work.
In light of the 25% mandate, we, unfortunately, will not allow parties or guests this summer. As much as we dislike this idea, we feel it is important to allow as many pass holders entry to the pool as possible. All nannies and sitters that are listed on your pass agreement will be allowed to accompany your children when you are not able to attend with them. Any relatives of nannies or sitters will not be allowed.
The NEW NORMAL is making life difficult in so many ways. The Heights Pool staff will make every attempt to provide you and your family an enjoyable pool season. We ask that you help us as we get through these uncharted waters by complying with our guidelines. We greatly appreciate your patience and please know that we will be striving to assess and improve upon the process as we are permitted to do.
See you at The Pool,
The Pool Guy
COVID-19 PROTOCOL - 05/26/2020
- The danger of exposure to the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 exists.
- By entering the pool facility, you take the responsibility for your own protection and for disinfecting your hands and anything you touch in the pool area.
- Do not enter pool grounds if you have a cough, fever, or other symptoms of illness.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between you and other people who are not a part of your household.
- Wear a face covering when you are not in the pool.
- No lounge chairs and only limited tables and chairs will be available for use. Please bring your own chairs/blankets and/or beach towels.
- The Grill will be open, so please remember that ice chests and outside food are not permitted.
- No more than 2 lap swimmers will be allowed per lane at a time.
- All playground equipment will be closed.
- No retail merchandise, other than sunblock and swim diapers, will be available.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to allow guests this summer so that we may ensure that a pass holder does not get turned away due to too many guests.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to host any pool parties this summer.
Hours of Operation & Access - 05/26/2020
Hours of Operation & Access
- The pool will open at 11:00 am and close at 8:30 pm daily.
- To facilitate crowd management, there will be 90-minute time blocks for pool activities followed by 30-minute blocks to sanitize restrooms, lobby area, door handles, touchpads, light switches, baby changing tables, dining tables/chairs, etc., before the next time block. All patrons must gather belongings and exit the pool grounds promptly at the end of their time block to allow for proper sanitization.
- The entrance will be on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
- Photo ID (driver’s license) will be required at each visit.
- The front desk will alert pass holders on the Heights Pool Facebook page when the pool is at capacity.
Daily Time Blocks
11:00 am to 1:00 pm
1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Message - 05/11/2020
The Governor has allowed the opening of Public Pools!
We are all very excited about the recent news as I was afraid public pools might be closed for the entire summer! Gov. Abbott plans to update the current mandates in an Executive Order that will be delivered on May 19th.
With the good news comes a great deal of precautions and change moving forward, as the COVID-19 issues continue to persist. As of the writing of this letter, The Pool opening date will remain set on Saturday, May 30th. As the renovations are in the final stages, we will prepare the grounds and sanitize bathrooms and public areas for your safety and good health. After 6 months of construction, the grounds took a beating due to the amount of heavy equipment needed to complete the work. All the grass behind and next to the diving well is being replaced, the sprinkler system was all but destroyed and is being repaired, and we are cleaning up all the dust, dirt, and heavy grade sand used to sandblast the paint off the pool surface. In addition, our yearly installation of planting materials and adding a fresh coat of paint to the buildings has been delayed due to all the construction.
During these unprecedented times, there will be adjustments to the operation of The Pool. Presently, in accordance with the state mandate, the number of individuals to enter the pool grounds will be determined by 25% of our normal operating capacity. Although this ruling will limit the number of folks allowed in the pool grounds each day, we are working on a plan to make the pool available to as many pass holders as possible and, at the same time, honor the social distancing regulations.
In the next few days, we will post on our web site (heightspool.com) a statement explaining how we will move forward with the 2020 season. Please know, it is our continued goal to provide you and your family a fun, clean, and safe environment at The Pool in Alamo Heights!
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we address the many details involved to comply with the “NEW NORMAL”!
See you at The Pool!
All the best,
The Pool Guy